Monday, July 13, 2009

Paint Party Pt. 2


From L- Karolyn Smith, Matt Sinnott, Mike Sinnott, Ira Way, and Terry Strait (not pictured Tanya Rosenkranz) showed up on a moment's notice to finish painting the 2nd coat of color today at the Gruhn's

It is done! The paint that is. All rooms of the main floor have two coats of paint (three in the kitchen). When I pulled up in my pickup at 8 AM I was greeted by two volunteers and they just kept coming and coming! We had it all done well before noon. Your generosity continues to overwhelm my heart, and I know it does the Gruhn family too. Our eager and near professional painters- wow, were they good! -made short work of the hallway, living room, kitchen, and both bedrooms.

The homeowner, Robert Gruhn, finished off the bathroom and Saturday's crew knocked out Kia's purple room upstairs. The basement ceiling and walls are sealed off and ready for the contractor to spray on primer. The kitchen cabinets are in boxes in the house and ready to be hung. I am meeting with the contractor for a walk-through tomorrow; he and I will figure out what we need to do this Saturday and lay out the schedule for the rest of the project! Exciting stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment