Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Creative Minds Wanted

We are in dire need of inspiration. Our church is charge of music/entertainment next Friday night for our neighborhood cookout. I for the life of me can't seemed to get motivated to figure this out. Does anyone have any ideas of how to bring live pop/rock musicians or recorded music to this event? Challenge: We don't have electricity on-site at McKinley. I am about ready to crank my pickup radio and roll down the windows!

We also need some yard games and fun stuff like face painting. Anyone have redneck golf?

Ideas greatly wanted! Your thoughts...

2 comments:

  1. How about THE RIVER'S VOICE!!!! I have heard that THEY ARE WONDERFUL!!!! HE is on staff after all...... OR Andrew Wilharm (Dr. Wilharm's son) has a pretty good band... OUR Church band???? (Russ would probably strange me....) Just a few ideas..... Good luck with this venture.... Kathy Runneals--Church member and church band singer....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the ideas, Kathy! I have asked Russ to ask our band members. Our drummer, George, thinks they can work up a set of rock charts. Hopefully that will work out!! I'd love it.

    ReplyDelete