Thursday, June 11, 2009

Friday Cookout Gets Some Star Power


I just got off the phone with my old friend, KCRG-TV9's Joe Winters, who is coming to our Friday Night Cookout at McKinley Middle School! The Free cookout is from 6-9 PM. Joe will be doing live weathershots on the 5 and 6 PM Newscasts.

Joe is a devout Catholic and a stand up guy. I liked him personally and professionally all 5 years I was at KCRG working as a news reporter. I was pleased to see him take over as Chief Meteorologist for Denny Frary and I am pleased to see he's coming to our cookouts! His presence will do wonders to promote all the Christian-based events this weekend to celebrate Cedar Rapidians making it one-year flood free. These events demonstrate God's amazing grace and love for all the world - even amidst a tragedy such as the flood. Please tune in at 5 and 6 to see Joe live - or better yet - set your DVR and join us on site for a free hamburger and shake the man's hand. God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment