Sunday, June 28, 2009

Reality Strikes on Flood Tour

I had a chance to give our friends from Missouri a quick driving and walking tour of the flooded areas this afternoon. Some wet eyes surrounded me as I described the devastation and feelings of despair around town in the weeks and months after the muddy water receded. I think the reality set in for them of what our community has been through and the tall task ahead (which these folks will play a part). I told them they are literally the hands and feet of Christ in our recovery and I thanked them for their presence this week. They also had a chance to meet Kia Gruhn, who at 15, is very much one of the their peers. Smiles and hope abound at their meeting. I think they are excited to help transform her bedroom space and this will help make the experience all the more real and personally fullfiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment